* If you have not already done so, please reply to the Moppets Evite for this week.
* We are joining the greater FEFC Women's Ministry Team to collect donations for The Pajama Program (www.pajamaprogram.org), a national non-profit program that provides new pajamas and books to foster children in need. We'll collect new pajamas and new books at this week's meeting and at the April 8th meeting. Things to keep in mind when making your selections: Pajamas must be new. No nightgowns, please—only pajamas with legs. Books must also be new. Please do not donate love stories or stories with killing in them. Many of these foster children suffer with nightmares, so use good judgment. All sizes are welcome, but there is a special need for pajamas and books for teens (adult sizes small to XXXL).
* Real dads dance! FEFC will be hosting a Father/Daughter dance (ages 2-18) this Saturday, March 26th from 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in the FEFC Gym. This event is free and open to anyone, regardless of whether or not they attend FEFC. "Take your sweethearts out for dinner and then join us for cake and punch. Don't forget your fancy dance moves!"
* There are two parenting classes being offered:
1. Marie Artaza, a member of FEFC, is offering a FREE parenting class this Wednesday morning (March 23rd) as a way to keep her teaching credential current. She will be "sharing lots of fun, easy, inexpensive, and home-made educational ideas for activities that you can do at home with your child/children." She will be holding this event at her home (9509 Colebrook Street, Austin 78749) from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Little ones are invited to come too! Please email Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in attending.
2. Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun: A five-week course designed by Love and Logic Parenting Program is being held from from April 6th to May 4th on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Woodlawn Baptist Church (4600 Manchaca Road, Austin 78745). The cost is $75 per person, $100 per couple and childcare is available for $25 per family for the five sessions. You can register for the class at http://www.woodlawnbc.org/
627063.ihtmlPlease see the attached flyer for more information.